Monday, January 30, 2012

Help me with the theme of this poem?what is the poem about?

I walk down the street unconsciously

listening to sounds of life.



In this city I'm a stranger and in

mine I'm uninvented guest.



For so long, I have a flower of this existence

afraid to plant it

strange land this is you ask

years of walking on a 2 left no heart

like a ghost



like a phantom

I gave the people what they wanted

Learning for any self a mask and a

paper heart



And i'm tired

I'm tired wanting answers to questions not asked of



So i walk without turning back I wonder

Do only tops of a mountain deserve to be warned by the sun.



Do only birds have rights of the blue sky



I am not a birds nor do i have wings



but who said I don't want to fly?

Help me with the theme of this poem?what is the poem about?
The theme of this poem is the feeling of alienation, a sense of not belonging, the weariness of conforming and the desire to be free of it, to be your own, real self.
Reply:I think that this person is lost and hopeless, unenlightened regarding the meaning of life. I would suggest the following themes:

1. Lost

2. Hopeless

3. Life

4. The Darkness Within My Head

5. Drifting Aimlessly

6. Searching

Hope this helps.


No comments:

Post a Comment