Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Too forward for shy boys?

I want this shy guy. He drives me crazy. He's so mysterious, so independent. We have a lot in common, music, everything. I'm the spontaneous class clown, he's the wall flower in the back. I want to hang out with him, this is my plan.



"Hey Tyler, so when are we going to hang out?"

And he'll be like, what?

And I'll write down my number on a piece of paper smiling and saying, "If I give this to you, you better call it."



Would he be freaked out? I know I have to approach shy kids differently.

Too forward for shy boys?
I used to be really shy. Hell, I still am pretty shy, I'm trying to get over it still. Honestly, if any girl had come up to me that way while I was sitting in the back of the classroom staring at my desk two years ago, I would have thought she was ******* with me and playing some sort of cruel joke. He may not be that paranoid and defensively isolated, but it's important that you realize that it is a real risk that he's not going to take you seriously if you do it that way.



But then again, if you approach him out of the blue and just start trying to make a conversation, and not come on at all, he might think you're only doing it because you feel pity for him, sitting there alone and quiet. I know I felt that way...shyness often really is a manifestation of a ****** up self-image. If I were you, I'd make it clear that you've got an interest in him without being too forward.


No comments:

Post a Comment