Monday, January 30, 2012

Is this correctly punctuated? Any suggestions to make it better?

The dreaded school bell lets out its scream,

Officially beginning our woeful lesson.

I sit and I stare at the board trying to concentrate,

But before I can stop, I fall into my usual daydream of question marks and confusion.

The droning tones of the teachers lecture passes through my ears, leaving no imprint in my mind,

The sound of pens forcefully scratching on paper and whining pupils fill my ears.

What is the importance of knowing how a flower blossoms? Or why a bee is stripy?

The teacher silently, swoops around the room in search of her next prey.

Who will suffer her gruelling punishment?

She walks past me, ready to strike on a boy slumping in his cupped hands and staring out onto the playground.

Why are we forced to come to this prison? Confined in a classroom and made to work?

Is this correctly punctuated? Any suggestions to make it better?
Officially should not be capitalized if that is a comma after scream...after mind should be a period and Or why a bee is stripy is a fragment



but if this is a poem commas and periods don't matter :)
Reply:"staring out onto the playground" try "staring out at the playground"



"the droning tones of the teachers lecture" should be "the droning tonse of the teacher's lecture"



"but before i can stop" try "but before I even start"



"stripy" to "striped"



no comma after "silently"





GOOOD JOB THO. UR GONNA GET AN A!


No comments:

Post a Comment