Tuesday, January 31, 2012

PLS! help with figures of speech!?

i have to identify this figures of speech, i have an idea but want to be sure.

1.Suddenly I understand that I am happy. For months this feeling has been coming closer, stopping

for short visits, like a timid suitor.

2.When the hounds of spring are on winter's traces

3.For a Tear is an Intellectual thing

4.I wandered through each chartered street

5.My prime of youth is but a frost of cares, My feast of joy is but a dish of pain

6.As a torn paper might seal up its side Or a streak of water stitch itself to silk And disappear, my wound has been my healing

7.I have gone out, a possessed witch haunting the black air, braver at night

8.As the guests arrive at my son's party they gather in the living room--

9.Beauty is but a flower Which wrinkles will devour;

10."Is there anybody there?" said the Traveler, Knocking on the moonlit door

11.O wind, rend open the heat

12.Fame is a wayward girl

13.Carnation milk is the best in the land

Here I sit with a can in my hand

PLS! help with figures of speech!?
Umm,i'm sorry but i'm only in sixth grade,I don't know this stuff.
Reply:What do you mean by "identify" these figures of speech? These are quotes from poetry, books, advertising, etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment